• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install latest 64-bit version of Adobe Acrobat Reader?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling to find an .msi installer that will install the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader 64-bit.  Adobe support has pointed me to this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html#sa_src=web-messaging 

I have tried to install both versions but when the install completes and I attempt to open a .pdf file, Adobe Acrobat asks for an Adobe account and it will close if I do not input any account info.  

Adobe support claims they do not support the free version of Adobe Acrobat anymore.

In the past, I have been able to push out updates with a .msi installer via SCCM.  We have hundreds of computers running outdated Adobe software now and I am anxious to get these updated.  Any support offered would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Drew

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is not to the Reader. Pro and Standard are paid applications. 

Try here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/about-acrobat-reader-dc-migration-to-64-bit.html

>>>Adobe support claims they do not support the free version of Adobe Acrobat anymore.

Where did you see that?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, David.  This link did provide me with the information I was looking for.  

This installer only contains the .exe file and it I had to fill out a distirbution form to request access to the .msi installer.  The link to the form is on the page you linked, it just took some fine-print reading.  Hopefully Adobe responds quickly since we are trying to patch the version that has a recent exploit discovered within.  

While on support chat about this issue, I was told: "Support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services."

Finding access to the .msi installer proved much more difficlut than I ever would have expected.  I hope that Adobe can streamline this process in the future for IT providers. 

Thanks,

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found the info.

>>> "Support is no longer available for your product version. ..."

I assumed it was for an older version but wanted to double check.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to follow up with some more info that I found.  Support informed me that I was unable to access the .msi file because I was using a personal Adobe account.  They claimed I had to use an enterprise account.  

I attempted to access the link after signing into our organizations enterprise account but I was still unable to locate the .msi file.  After spending almost a full day chatting with Adobe support and posting messages to try and find the .msi file, I ended up using a work around method to obtain the .msi file myself.

I was able to use the web installer to download the latest install files to the Windows appdata folder and after some trial and error, I found the temp file that contained the latest .msi installer.  I must say that I am extremely dissapointed in Adobe's support throughout this issue.  We are trying to support their own product on our workstations and they were not able to provide me with any accurate information today.  Very frusterating.  I hope this info helps someone else.

Thanks,

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines