• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to match zoom and position between two opened pdfs in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to have two pdfs which are opened in adobe acrobat to match zoom and position? In adobe illustrator, there is a script to do this. I know there is a ctrl+y to match zoom but then you have to manually adjust the position.

Thank you for all the help.

Marcin

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it using this (paid-for) tool I've developed: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-synchronized-scrolling-two-or-more-pdf-documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67,

Your tool would be something I am looking for but I have a question. I downloaded your demo tool and could not check whether it will work the way I would like to use it. I know the demo has limited functionality, but let me explain how I would like it to work. When I have two pds opened in maximised mode I would like to zoom in to a certain area of a pdf and would like for a second pdf to follow - match position and zoom. I don't want to compare them side by side. When the first pdf is zoomed and in the required position I could then press ctrl+f6 and switch to the second pdf which your plug-in should position accordingly. Would you be able to do demonstrate it - maybe a short gif or a link with a screen-recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't work like that. The other file's view can't update automatically. It only does so when you press the button to sync them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Try67,

Ok, but let's not give up just yet. So if I zoom in and position the first PDF and then ask your plugin to sync the second PDF and then Press ctr+f6 they should match and then I could switch between them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Ctrl+F6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It allows switching back and forth between opened PDF. Please try to open two pdfs and press ctrl+f6 if you are on windows. You will see what it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see. In that case, then yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines