• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Mirror Bleed Margins

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new using this software, so I don't really know WHAT I'm doing.

I'm trying to add a bleed margin, and since I have a colored background, I need it to be colored as well.

That's what I did:

- I added the bleed marks (under Add Printer Marks)
- I grew the page boundaries by some mm (under Set Page Boxes)
- I opened the Preflight window
- Under the "Prepress, Color and Transparency" library I searched for the "Generate 2mm bleed from page content" fix
- Applied the fix
- Got an error window I don't even know how to use. (basically it told me that it cannot do the mirroring, no additional info found in the list...)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to the original file that was used to create the pdf? It would be better, safewr and quicker to adjust the bleed there.

If you are going to send the file to be printed commercially, you can check with your printer what is the best course of action so they can process the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to the original file. I'm searching for a solution. By now, I found a tool online (not for free) that can easily do what I'm searching for. I'm baffled that it's so hard to make this feature works in Acrobat. (well, anywhere else, too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the add bleed preflight profile looks for elements that are butting the trim line and extends them to add bleed. If you are increasing page boundaries before trying to add bleed, this might be the source of the error. If there is the slightest gap between the element and the trim, this might also cause the add bleed preflight to fail. Is the element an image or vector? A reliable work-around is to place the pdf into an InDesign page and add the bleed there (by placing an additional copy of the pdf for bleed or replicating the background) then exporting to a new pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines