• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move Acrobat Pro to a new M1 mac.

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mid 2012 Macbook Pro running MacOS Catalina. I have my old 64bit version of Acrobat Pro running on this computer. Can I deactivate it on my old MBP, transfer this to a new M1 MBP using Migration assistant and then reactivate it? Will it run on the new M1 computers or do I have to subscribe to the new Acrobat CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't migrate Acrobat. If you have Acrobat DC then log out from your account on the old machine and then log in on the new one. If you have a "perpetual license" version of Acrobat (like 2015, 2017, 2020, etc.) then deactivate it on the old machine then install it from scratch on the new one and activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That’s what I thought I’g have to do.

email: ruscat2@gmail.com
cell: +1 (734) 649-7617

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what exact version? Like 2016.123.65433? You may also need to buy an upgrade or whole new license. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is an old version that came with CS5. I kind of figured I'd have to upgrade and get a new lisence. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok... but the one that came with CS5 (probably Actobat X or Acrobat XI) was only 32-bits, so it's a double stopper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines