• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move navigation pane back to the lefthand side? (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss updated Adobe and noticed that his navigation pane was moved to the righthand side. He needs this moved back to the lefthand side so that he can more easily access bookmarks, pages, etc. in the way that he is used to doing. How can I help him switch this back to the left? 

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.35.24 AM.png

^This is a screenshot of my Adobe - As you can see, my navigation pane is on the lefthand side. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved you over to the Acrobat forum - you had posted in the Robohelp area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable this new feature:

Amal_0-1661253905077.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find this on a Mac? I don't have that button on my Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the system of your boss click on the hamburger icon on the top left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing it

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.12.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Katie_-_-_ 

Please click on the View Tab, and then you can select the Disable the new Acrobat option.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change. However, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you will be able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version

Rest assured, we are actively working on any missing feature, functionality or ability to customize or move the Quick Toolbar or the All Tools section. We will address them with the highest priority.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you continue to experience any issues or if you have any further questions related to the new Acrobat. We are here to assist you.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TERRIBLE THESE CHANGES....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this new format is a pain in the butt, why do developers insist on changing things when they are perfectly fine. all they had to do was create a drag bar like every other program has so that you can put the bars wherever you prefer.

thanks again now i can actually get some work done without the unecessary frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ebkar 

I hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change. However, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you will be able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

A point to note is that as we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version

Rest assured, we are actively working on any missing feature, functionality or ability to customize or move the Quick Toolbar or the All Tools section. We will address them with the highest priority.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of Windows OS and View Menu on MacOS. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you continue to experience any issues or if you have any further questions related to the new Acrobat. We are here to assist you.

~Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really terrible changes and wasted me serveral hours to putting thing back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notable?  That's the understatement of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old format allowed me to slide the window to a second monitor (a projector) on the right side of the main desktop and keep the navigation on the main screen (offscreen of the project). Now, since its on the right, I can't do that. It appears on the projector. Yuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These changes are terrible - what are you developers think to change things - ignoring the users?
I don't want to get "used" to it NO.

I changed it back and I really hoope that you NEVER take away the option to use the classic view.
Hopefully you get a statistic of HOW MANY users have reverted back.

The new look is aweful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree w all comments above. New version is horrible.  More difficult to navigate everything and I have to go out to Internet to find the fixes.  Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of fixing stuff that needs to be fixed (like the progress bar in Distiller on the Mac not working) they have to mess up something that has worked for everyone for years. Crazy how people that don't use the programs for work get to decide what to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines