Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to open FOLDERS with Adobe Acrobat Reader (or Pro) DC

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have buttons in several Adobe Acrobat DC files that open folders on my computer.  To accomplish this I use the 'Open a web link' option in the Actions tab of the Button Properties.  This works fine as long as Explorer is set as my default browser.  However, if Edge is the default browser, the folder opens on the web and any files within that folder also open on the web and do not function (e.g., Bookmarks do not open, hyperlinks do not work, javascript doesn't work).  Is there a fix?

This is going to become a problem when Windows 11 is released this year as I understand it will no longer support the Explorer browser.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. The application uses the default browser for web-links, and links to folders should not have worked in the first place (it's a sort of bug that they do), so you should not rely on them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines