• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent Acrobat from foregrounding all open PDFs on PDF open

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been the case for a year or two I think... just finally getting really annoyed with it.

I often have one or two PDFs open for extended periods.  As reference or for whatever reason.  Background, minimized to the taskbar, whatever.  Not in the foreground, not in focus.

Open a PDF and Acrobat brings all open PDFs to the foreground as part of the open operation.  So then when I close the newly opened PDF, all the other PDFs are on top of/in focus instead of what I really want to be switching back to.

Notes:

Tab view off, because I hate tabs

Pro version, currently 2022.003.20322 64bit

Behavior exists on all my Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines

Opening a file should not influence other files (or the windows of other files) that are open.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually... I never noticed, but if I specifically minimize the other PDF file(s)... then this doesn't happen.

I will try to train myself to minimize rather than simply shifting focus/foreground, but my point remains.  Acrobat shouldn't be pulling other stuff to the foreground like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... Adobe aren't paying a lot of attention to non-tab view. It might be different if you use separate tabbed windows. Anyway, tabs will surely be compulsory soon, you may as well get used to them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ugh, I hope not.  Most employees user another PDF Editor/Reader/Etc, but I use and prefer Acrobat.  I have it because I already have a Creative Suite subscription for some of the work I do.  I guess if tabbed view becomes the only view, I will have to switch to that other program.  I don't mean that as a threat or anything, haha... I will still need CS so I will still have the sub.  Just won't use Acrobat, I guess.

Cannot stand tabbed PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines