Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to prevent metadata being added while creating PDF file in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply want to convert Word .DOCX file into .PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

And every PDF file, that I have after it, has multiple unnecessary metadata information in PDF files, like these ones:

XMPToolkit : Adobe XMP Core 5.6-c*** **.******, ****/**/**-**:**:**
CreatorTool : Acrobat PDFMaker 21 for Word
DocumentID : uuid:****-****-****-****-********
InstanceID : uuid:********-****-****-****-********
Producer : Adobe PDF Library 21.1.182

So, my question is  -  how to prevent Acrobat Pro DC from creating (adding) any excess metadata, and create only the minimum number of metadata information in PDF file?

PS: I know about an option in settings called "Remove Hidden Information when closing document" ( Preferences --> Documents ), but when I close PDF file, it asks every single time an anoyying prompt with questions what would I like to do - remove metadata, or not ... darn it!

Maybe someone knows how to disable those prompts as well?

It would resolve the whole issue of the subject.

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, PDF forms, Print and prepress, Scan documents and OCR, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't disable it, it's a built-in part of the PDFMaker plugin.

You can overwrite it, though, by running this script on the file after it's created:

this.metadata = "";

You can do using an Action or a custom tool, for example.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are pretty much required; no responsible app would leave them out. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines