How to print "comments" that consist of highlighted text

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very specific question and I am baffled that I cannot find the answer.

I receive PDF documents.  I can then edit them, but mostly what I do is highlight the relevant portions and save so that I can use the documents later.  I use Acrobat Pro DC (paid).

What I want to do is print out the text that was highlighted, and that text only.  Many people seem to answer this question by pointing out how to print the page with the highlighter on.  That is not my question.  I am trying to create a document to print, and on that document would be all the words, sentences, paragraphs whatever that I have highlighted.  That would seem to be a comment summary.

But When I "create comment summary" a document appears but there is no text on it.  It indicates at what time I put highlights on the original pdf, but it doesn't show what text was highlighted.

I am trying to create a document of all the notes I have taken by highlighting. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

To be able to do that you need to have the highlighted text copied into the actual comment itself. This can be done automatically using one of the preferences of Acrobat/Reader (Edit - Prefs. - Commenting - Copy selected text into Highlight...), or it can be done after the fact using a script (like this paid-for tool I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Retroactively Copy Highlighted Text into Comments ).

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be able to do that you need to have the highlighted text copied into the actual comment itself. This can be done automatically using one of the preferences of Acrobat/Reader (Edit - Prefs. - Commenting - Copy selected text into Highlight...), or it can be done after the fact using a script (like this paid-for tool I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Retroactively Copy Highlighted Text into Comments ).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It's strange to me that no one else does this, and that the solution is so convoluted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way, and IMHO, a better way, can be found here...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/print-comments-only/td-p/4244927/page/2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is also my question, but I am not helped by the answer. Because that only extracts the highlighted text itself, but not the colour, nor any indication that it has been coloured.

Which means that I cannot use colour to differentiate between different kinds of comments. Which means that the commenting functing is not useful in make a summary of a document.

Is there or will there be a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines