• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove auto-set password from PDF

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why my PDF documents are password protected when I didn't set it up that way? Also, how do I remove the password and prevent Adobe from saving my documents on Cloud? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat doesn't set a password unless you ask for it. What are you seeing? What messages? How do you make the files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Combine Files and make one PDF file out of several pages. Some of the pages are fillable PDF forms which would be locked to the third party when I submit them. Sevel people informed me saying that my documents are password protecte, but I can see every info I entered.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only remove a password if you know the password.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you suggest I should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you are placing the PDFs in a file directory that is read only?

Also look at the properties of the open PDF to see waht the Security tab has set for that open PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines