• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove text that shows as a vertical "header/footer" on the left margin of all the pages?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem when trying to remove text that shows up in some articles I download from Jstor and other academic online databases, which after dowloading, come with text stamped on the left margin of EVERY page in the document, normally stating: "Downloaded by [University of California, San Diego] at 03:14 20 January 2017" for example.

I tried using the Tool "Remove Header/Footer" but it doesn't work on it. I've tried seraching online, but was able to find nothing on it. I would appreciate any advice or instructions on how to edit/add/remove this strange type of vertical text which looks like a header/footer, but clearly is not. I'd hate to have to delete these marks/stamps/texts one by one, on every page.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Nick

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a sample.

Sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro try the redaction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the text is all the same on all pages you can do it using the Search & Remove Text tool, under Tools - Protect.

I suggest you make sure you're allowed to do that, though. It might be OK for your own personal needs, but you're almost certainly not allowed to distribute the file like that if you've removed that notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines