• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to retain Blue ink color when requesting signature by e-mail

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when signing the PDF document myself I can change the ink color to blue, but then when I request the signatures of other people by e-mail it always comes back as black. Is it possible to pre-set ink for signatures requested by e-mail?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miroslava,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when you request the signatures of other people by e-mail it always comes back as black.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to share the PDF with other users for signature via email? Are you using Adobe Sign to share the document for signature or sending as as email attachment?

Also what are the steps the users are doing to sign the PDF file? Make sure they are using Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC to fill and sign the PDF document.

We are here for help, Just need more information

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, I use Adobe Reader DC Pro. Here are the steps:

1. I open PDF document and choose "Fill and Sign" Tool
2. Next I click on Change color button and select Blue color
3. Then I click on SIgn yourself button, select my prepared signature and
place in the document (where my signature is expected to be)
4. Next I click on Request signature
5. I fill in e-mail address of the requested approver and click on Specify
where to sign
6. Finally, I drag SIgnature field from the right-hand panel on the place
when a requested approver should sign and click on SEND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for sharing the workflow and making it more clear.

As you are sending the document for signature via Adobe Sign workfow the option to use the blue color for signature s not yet available.Tthe users get the the following options to sign the PDF

1. Type: Type the name in the field. User can choose from a small selection of signature styles; click Change Style to view a different style.
  2. Draw: Draw signature in the  signature field.
  3. Image: Browse and select an image of the signature.
    (Workaround: The user can take a picture of his handwritten signature in blue color and use that image to sign the PDF document.)

Hope this will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a BIG problem - MANY (most!) countries practices and laws want you to sign with BLUE color - not black, not red, not anything else but BLUE.

While we can use Blue when we use FILL AND SIGN, we cannot use that when we send a document to send to a client for signature using REQUEST SIGNATURE.

This is really a big drawback and I doubt that Adobe Sign is therefore even legally considerable in several countries worldwide which will simply not accept other than blue signatures (do not ask me WHY these countries want that. It is total nonsense to determine a signature as valid only if in blue, yet that is the case in - for example - most of asia!)

It woud be really great to provide the option to choose black or blue. Other colors are NOT adequate anywhere I believe, so there is no point in providing others.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines