• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to save document in spreads?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to save a pdf, created using the Adobe presets, in reader spreads, but although I select "properties" and then save it two-up with cover and save, it doesn't open in spreads.  How else is it done?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

No easy way to create spreads after the fact without some expensive third party imposition plug-ins to Acrobat.

Go back to the original InDesign document and export with the spreads option.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save a PDF from what? An application? Acrobat itself?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From InDesign. I now see, after creating all the pdf’s, that I should have chosen “spreads” in the export dialogue box. I guess there’s no way to turn the pdf into spreads now? Can I export it to pdf?

Pamela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No easy way to create spreads after the fact without some expensive third party imposition plug-ins to Acrobat.

Go back to the original InDesign document and export with the spreads option.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, I set up spreads in properties in the pdf and copied the file to a different location with a new name. I then exported one of the original Indd files as a pdf, using the spread option, and saved that. The next time I opened the document—under the new name—it opened in spreads. Don’t know how that happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two-Page View in Acrobat is not the same as having a PDF file organized as spreads!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. I see what you mean. It only opens in spreads when I open it in Acrobat—even without selecting two-page view.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying save a pdf file so I can edit a xcopy. It doesn't come up with save a copy so I can't save it. All the examples show I can do this but there's no prompt when I right click to save!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines