• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save multiple signatures in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save more than one signature and initials under the fill and sign tools?

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have this same issue at work.  I sign documents at work and I sign documents for my boss at work.  My work around is this:

Save one signature as a signature and the other as "initials".  There are two options on the sign button, one for signature and one for initials.  So I can sign for my boss and myself with that.  Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Honestly in my situation niether work-around is good. 

Doing the first one involves sending the form to each doctor for signature, which would require them to 1) See the notification, 2) know how to use Adobe Pro and 3) actually do it. 

If you have ever worked with or around surgeons, you know that when there is something they want done, they direct that it get done and then leave for either the clinic or the OR.  They will use the computer for the EMR and for email, but they really do not feel

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread, I think it was asking for non-digital certificate signatures, but in case anyone IS looking to sign with multiple digital signatures, you have to add them under "Tools->Prepare Form".  Why it's not available in "Edit PDF" is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know about the fill and sign thing. I have jpeg images of the signatures I need to insert and resize/place the image.

Now that I know about it, I'll use fill and sign for the two most frequent and continue using the insert image option for the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several different approaches for applying a signature to a PDF.  None of them are totally secure because someone can always find a way to modify the PDF. The trick to secure signatures is using your own signature image in conjunction with a digital certificate. The digital certificate is applied after the document is filled and signed and guarentees document integrity. Someone can certainly change the PDF, but if they do it will invalidate the certificate.   This is the same approach used by the Adobe Sign service. 

But you can do it yourself by using your own professional looking signature image stamp, and then saving the PDF as certified. 

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/PDF-Signature-Stamps.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I just upgraded to Adobe Acro DC and this is so unacceptable! I cannot believe one cannot sign securely with multiple signatures, I work for x3 executives and I sign on their behalf, as well as myself... I used to be able to do this in the old Adobe, why would they do this? It makes no sense!

Hey Adobe, get off your lazy and fix this already will you! People's jobs are being affected by your bad software decisions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our organization when we have more than 2 staff to sign for this is how we handle it now.

1. Create a folder in a secure place (our User folders) to store our PNG files (signature images with transparent backgrounds).

2. In Acrobat Pro DC, per the answer in this thread, you can store up to 2 signatures.

• Fill & Sign tool > Sign yourself  > as Add Signature and Add Initials.
  • Put your most used signature in the Add Signature spot.
  • Use the Add Initials spot to rotate between the PNG files of our secondary signatures.

3. To rotate the Initials spot signature images;

• Fill & Sign tool > Sign yourself
  • Click the "-" symbol next to the Initials spot.
  • Click the "+" symbol next to the Initials spot.
  • Click Select Image in the popup window.
  • Navigate to the secure folder containing all the PNG file signature images.
  • Double-click on the PNG file you need.
  • After the image loads in the popup window; click Apply to place it in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: this may not be as secure as using a Digital ID (which limits a person from signing for other staff) but it is better than using the Stamp tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so in 2020 Adobe changed the Acrobat DC icon in the Taskbar from red to black (making it hard to see) and then in 2021 back to red.

So that "to do item" was above restoring multiple sugnatures???

Acrobat DC red Taskbar icon turns black 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great for me.  I don't need digital signatures, just plain signatures.  This website worked for me, hope it works for you as well.  You can have as many signatures that you want and you can make the background transparent for signing "on the line"

https://www.pdfautomationstation.com/public/The-Easiest-Way-To-Make-A-Transparent-Signature-Stamp.cf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scan your signature, take a screenshot so that now the singature is in the clipboard. Select 'Stamp' from Tools menu.

You will have three options: Stamp, Stamp Palette and Custom Stamps. Select Stamps and you will get the drop down menu with the last option: .Paste clipboard image as stamp tool'.

Mouse cursor will change to stamp icon. Place the signature at the required place and resize.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This combined with what is marked as the answer gives a lot of options. Nice solution. 
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the Stamp Tool is not a secure signature.  It can be manipulted after the document is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Certificates in order to have multiple secure signors.  Here are the instrux. Colleen P. Trusler

OPEN ADOBE AND CHOOSE EDIT/PREFERENCES

Step One: Choose Signatures from the list of Categories

1.    Choose Identities & Trusted Certificates. Click More

2.    Choose Add ID

3.    Choose A new digital ID I want to create now, click Next.

4.    Choose New PKCS#12 digital ID File, click Next

5.    Add your information, including email and click Next.

6.    Set a password, write it down because you will need it each time you use the certificate.

7.    Click Finish.

Step Two: Apply your Digital Signature (Secure Certificate )

1.    Open the Document and Navigate to the Signature area

2.    Select the tool for Certificates: 

Colleen22552433skh1_0-1649180550969.png

3.    Select Digitally Sign from toolbar.

4.    When prompted to draw the signature area, click OK

5.    Draw the area larger than needed.

6.    A pop up with your multiple signatures (certificates) will appear.

7.    Choose your signatory and click Continue.

8.    Tick the Box for Lock document after signing if this is the last person signing the document.

9.    Enter your password for this certificate in the red box. 

10.  Click Sign.

11.  Save the document with a name indicating that the document has been signed. 
(e.g., Agreement 3.22.22 Executed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple solution. Normally, when you choose either a signature or an initial, it is automatically saved by the program, until one deletes it and chooses another.  Screenshot 2022-09-29 210828.jpg

Just make sure to uncheck the box  which asks if you want to save signature, see attached pic, and that's it. Now every time you want to sign a new signature, just go to your folder where you keep all your signatures, and when asked for an image, choose one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a "stamp" with the image file of the signature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me blow your minds Adobe community.  Yes, it sucks that there is no multiple signature saving option.  But, I found that if you have your signature saved as a PNG you can "INSERT PICTURE" and insert that file.  I would imagine it would work with a JPG as well.  The signatures we have saved in our office have an invisible background so there are no issues with it looking like a pasted rectangle.  I must sign for multiple project mgrs. & the CEO in my office so I am glad to find a workaround.  I hope it works for you!  ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines