• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to shrink the size of the cover page (the 1st page) of a pdf file?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf file is here: https://zzzhhh.egnyte.com/dl/E2fDor5OZq

As you can see, the cover page (the 1st page) is far larger than all other pages. So I want to shrink it to the same size as others, specifically, to 8.263 in x 11.695 in. I read the article here which uses Preflight to scale a page. But maybe because I am working on Windows 10, the "Scale pages to specified size" fixup does not exist (please disregard the one I created in the screeshot below):

Heng5FD5_0-1624677499083.png

So, I decided to create one according to this article. However, I don't know what I should set in the "Adjustment" option. What is worse, since I only need to shrink the first page, I don't want to apply the fixup to all pages. But I did not find "First page" or "Specified page(s)" that I expect in the dropdown menu of "Apply to".

Heng5FD5_1-1624678158847.png

So, can you please tell me what the "Adjustment" option I should choose for shrinking, and how to specify "Apply to" to apply the fixup to the cover page only? In addition, it's so awkward to use Preflight to perform such a simple task. Is there any other function in Acrabat DC Pro I can use to do it in an easy way? The answer from Sophia Baloch in this thread seems to work (Crop Pages) , but I got a ridiculous error "Page size may not be reduced". Please help me with this simple task of shrinking the cover page. Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Extract the cover page as a single page PDF. Then apply the fix up to that new document. Then in the pages panel, replace the cover page of your book with the smaller one you've just made. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply the fixup to all pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can. But I don't want to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the "Apply to" entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract the cover page as a single page PDF. Then apply the fix up to that new document. Then in the pages panel, replace the cover page of your book with the smaller one you've just made. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Document Geek post:

Capture_448.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the sense of your addition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the pages of your document are in A4 format, except the cover, so you can use this fixup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that fixup in Preflight - it seems like I'm missing a lot of fixups that should be present.  Is there somewhere I can download the missing fixups from?  I've already tried repairing acrobat from Control Panel and importing Default.kfp from the hard drive.

Screenshot 2022-10-19 171435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you're using Acrobat Pro, not Acrobat Pro DC.

.zip and .kfp files cannot be attached here, send me a private message if you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for responding.  Yes, I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2022.  I guess it ships with a different set of fixups?  Is there a link to somewhere Adobe allows you to download additional fixups?

I can make my own fixup to rescale page size, it actually doesn't seem that hard, but the bit I'm unclear on with the scaling is what difference it makes if you choose fit from inside or fit from outside.  I am usually rescaling from A4 to Letter or vice versa and those two formats each have one side longer and one shorter than the other format (so it's not a simple case of scaling a page up or down).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines