• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Acrobat from breaking up text into two or more bounding boxes?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create text of two to three lines in Adobe Pro DC, Adobe breaks it up into two bounding boxes making it difficult to copy and paste as needed. How do I stop this from happening?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you referring when you  add text to a document using "Edit Text & Images"?

The PDF seems to break Text boxes into separate text layers when you add other objects to the form using the Prepare Form" tool correct?

This seems to happen when you 've used a form that was created with other software. I was able to recreate the issue in my Acrobat by creating a new blank PDF. Then added text by copying and pasting from a Word document. Added objects , dropdown menus check boxes and fillable text field objects.

And for the text that I copied into this form I open Edit Text & Images, right-clicked on the bounding box, and from the context menu selected "Send backward" , just in case this had anything to do if when you add  text  and images to the page they overlap as layers. 

Then I opened Prepare form tool and continue to add more objects. Selected Edit Text & Images again and it remained unbroken. So, I thibnk this is directly related to what the document was created with (but don't fully quote me on this  I may be wrong).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing happens in acrobat.  I create a text box with 4-5 lines of text and after I save it, it breakes the text up into several boxes, usually in broken sentences, forcing me to go in and re-type everything.  VERY frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines