• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade from Reader to Pro now on 64bit?

Participant ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the unified DC program, where is the option to change the upgrade to Pro now if admins choose to?

If the installer is set to install initially as Reader (which removes the sign in buttons and won't prompt for sign in), how do we now upgrade the program from Reader to Pro? Do we just have to uninstall Reader and install Pro?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a shortcut to avoid an uninstall, but I am not aware of it. I would just go ahead and unisntall Reader and start the installation again, but this time for Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems kind of silly to have a unified installer then if you can't convert from Reader to Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the last comment in this thread, it lists two registry keys that play a role in this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/automatic-upgrade-from-acrobat-reader-dc-to-pro/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you're referring to my post where I list the keys to stop the Enterprise Reader from allowing upgrades. In this one, I'm asking how to allow it when using the unified installer. Different installers and different setups with the Acro Cust Wizard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that, I should have realized that this was your post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines