• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use a drop-down field, fill another field, but make that field editable.

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a listing of services, they usually have a set price, so I want that to fill another field. Occasionally that price can change, I want the user to be able to override that price with another one.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is a workaround to your problem :

Create a check box "Edit". So if user wants to change the value of your another text field , he will mark this check box.

Otherwise this check box remains unchecked and your text box will have the value of the dropdown.

This will make your text box editable when your check box is checked only.

Add this script in the Calculate tab of the text field.(Right click - >Properties->Calculate-> Custom calculation script-> Edit)

if(! this.getField("<Name of check box>").isBoxChecked(0)) {

event.value = this.getField("<Name of your dropdown>").value;

}

NB : I am assuming your another field is text box and you are using Acrobat DC to create your fields.

- Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One more question. Where do I put the default price? Do I put that in the options panel? Then where do I put that the value should be placed in the text box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines