• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to vertically align text in interactive PDF

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an interactive PDF in InDesign 2023 and exported it as an interactive PDF in the most current version of Acrobat. The text is vertically centered in the field.  Apparently I can't do it in InDesign and I have to align the text in Acrobat, but there's no way to grab the text field. I'm fairly new to Interactive forms in ID/Acrobat.

I've Googled this and it's making me crazy. Can anyone tell me how to vertically align it to the top of the field?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertical alignment is automatic in interactive text fields. But there are two choices.  If the field is set as "multiline" text aligns to the top, otherwise it is centered.  At least in Acrobat this is the case, and they set the standard. Since there is no specification on this issue, each PDF viewer can do it differently. 

This usually isn't an issue because single line fields are short enought that the text takes up most of the vertical space. Why is your field so tall that it's an issue?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It’s multiline. I inexplicably turned that off. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines