• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to work on shared PDF simultaneously with coworker

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we're trying to work on the same PDF at the time time. i was able to share the document but he is only able to comment on it and cannot edit. i do not have any passwords or anything set for the PDF. how can i make it so that we can both work on the same shared PDF at the same time?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not possible. Only one person can be editing a document at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way we can both contribute to the same project and share a common save? does not have to be at the same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can both save the file to a shared dropbox folder. Just be sure to work on the document one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like the application dropbox or does adobe have a dropbox-like feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has a dropbox connection built in. However, I don't use it. I prefer to keep all my dropbox files local on my cmputer and open them from the local files. It appears that when you connect your dropbox account to Acrobat, Acrobat does not use the fiels on your local machine. It actually downloads them from Dropbox each time (even if they are stored locally on your computer).

If you put the file into a shared folder that both you and your co-worer have access to, it will sync through dropbox. Acrobat will just be the place where you edit it. I don't know if it matters if you choose to use Acrobat as the interface to open the file. It will also work just as well if you have the local file synced through your local dropbox folder.

In Acrobat, if you go to Home > Add File Storage, you get the following. That's where you can connect your dropbox account.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 9.29.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines