• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks don't open in PDFs

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I canopen the hyperlinks if I don't download the document, but not if I open it on my laptop. I can open the links on my phone when the doc is downloaded. I know there are hyperlinks, so why don't the open in AC Reader on my Dell laptop?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gena

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

What happens when you try to open the hyperlinks on your laptop using Acrobat Reader DC application? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs with hyperlinks? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also go to Edit > Preferences > General > Select 'Create links from URLs' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It is an issue with all PDFs, those I create and those I get from someone else. The links appear active for other people except if I download a file and then send it back to someone, they can no longer access the link.

No error message at all. I click on what I know is an active link on my phone, but on my computer nothing happens at all. I highlight it and I don't even get a message that there is no hyperlink.  I am attaching a file I'm working on and got from a designer. My guess is you can open the links but I can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, when I right click on what is supposed to be a hyperlink I don't get anything that says to open the link in a new window. And, the edit, preferences, general already has the create URL link checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update. I downloaded a trial for Adobe Pro DC. Now I can edit the text, but if I just hover over what should be a link and right click I get an edit or delete the link note. I can't see it. But if I edit, then I can right click and it asks me to edit but there is nothing to edit. The link is missing. If I add a link (that is there on my phone from the same document) then I can put in another link and it works, at least temporarily. But I still can't get the links I know are in the PDF to open for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links in this file have no action associated with them. Clicking them will not do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so. If you open the same document on an iPhone I can open the links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But once I open it on my computer it screws up anyone receiving it back. I'd have to email you the oringianl I received you would see the links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only ones that have an action are the ones over the Home icons, that link to a Named Destination in the file (not to an indd file, as I wrote before).

The rest have no action or destination associated with them, so I don't see how that would be possible.

I examined them using an independent PDF Debugger tool, by the way, not just in Acrobat.

Are you maybe referring to the plain-text URLs, like in the last page? They too have no actions associated with them, but it's possible the application adds ad-hoc links over them. Acrobat can do that too, if this setting is enabled in its Preferences, but it won't work if there's a Link object over them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a remote IT person who I sent it to and he can open the links. Once I download it it get curupted which is why you don't see links. If I can email you the original before I downloaded it you might see the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. You can send it to [try6767 at gmail.com].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What links are not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines