• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in PDF created from Word and Arbortext not opening Word and Excel documents

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC and publish to PDF from both ArborText and Word 2016. The resulting PDF hyperlinks will not open Excel or Word files. Hyperlinks to other PDF documents work. This has been a deteriorating problem for approximately six months. In the same timeframe, ArborText would no longer convert to PDF at all if hyperlinks to Excel documents existed. I had to delete them in ArborText and then manually add them in the PDF for them to work. Then from a Word to PDF document, links to other PDFs would open in the same window even though that setting was not selected, but at least all links worked. Now even deleting and manually inserting all hyperlinks in the PDF created from Arbortext or Word do not work for opening Excel or Word documents. I performed various tests in Word, saving as PDF from the add-in and then to PDF from the Save As > Save to PDF print function. One method "changed" the "open file" hyperlinks to "web links" (in the dialog box it still shows as an "open file" command though). Security settings would not let me open those (waiting on IT to adjust, I don't have permissions). Each method had other varying degrees of what would and wouldn't work within the resulting PDF and then with the manual insertion of hyperlinks. I've browsed PDF > Preferences > General, and also to Preferences > Converting to PDF > Microsoft  Office Word. Is there perhaps something in there that needs to be changed? This still does not address the ArborText issue. Over a month ago, I was made to sign into my Adobe account again and wondered if an update was pushed that further "broke" things. There's been a gradual decay of functionality and I have not found any online posts from this year discussing this problem. Would greatly appreciate some insight/help!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add'l info:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2022.001.20117

MS Word version 16.0.5290.1000

PTC Arbortext Editor version 8.0.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines