• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not combine pdfs anymore with same name.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Organize Pages feature in Acrobat DC to add additional documents to an existing PDF. When organizing pages, I am getting a pop up that says "Any form fields that have the same name in the merged documents are now merged into one field. If you want the values in these fields to be unique, then you need to create a PDF portfolio

i was able to do this on Friday and now it get the pop-up message above. this is my job to combine files with the same fields . i have never had this pop-up show up. how to undo the update? I can not have a portfolio it will not work.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A update haven't change this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on Friday i could do this but on monday after i get an update i cant do it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe on Friday you merged files that didn't have fields with the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is the same 1 form i have been using for 4 years i have never had this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the message didn't appear, but the same issue would have happened earlier. Fields with the same name in a file will always have the same value, so if you combine two files that have fields called "Text1" you will lose the value of one of them, as it will be overwritten by the other one. This has always been like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the field names before you combine the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did that it still over writes the other pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines