• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't clear my signature

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the digital signature for years, but now I can't clear my signature to resign it.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Hello Rodeze,

As per the description above, I can understand that you want to clear/remove your digital id from a PDF, Is that correct?

The "Clear Signature" option is available in Acrobat Pro DC. You can clear a signature if you are the signer, that is if the digital ID with which you did the signing is available to Acrobat.

Navigate to Acrobat's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Signatures>Click the "more..." button next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates". Click the "Digital IDs" category.

If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rodeze,

As per the description above, I can understand that you want to clear/remove your digital id from a PDF, Is that correct?

The "Clear Signature" option is available in Acrobat Pro DC. You can clear a signature if you are the signer, that is if the digital ID with which you did the signing is available to Acrobat.

Navigate to Acrobat's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Signatures>Click the "more..." button next to "Identities & Trusted Certificates". Click the "Digital IDs" category.

If the digital ID used for signing is stored in a file, then you will get the option of "Detach File", highlight the Digital Id, and click on Detach File.

To know more about Digital IDs, you can refer to Adobe article Digital IDs in Acrobat

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I followed your direction  however I am stillnot able to remove the signature when I am going to sign a document.  It is under the tab sign yourself and the remove button is greyed out see Screen shot below 

Reyes5EE0_0-1600345843403.png

Reyes5EE0_1-1600345858331.png

Please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The second screenshot shown for Sign your self under Fill & Sign feature. That's (-) icon is not grayed out. This is how it actually looks. Its appearance is like this.

When you click on "-" it will actually work.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking the "-" sign does not clear out the signature. Nothing happens. I would like to re-draw my signature, but I am unable to clear the old one. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, and need to update my signature as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble.

Could you please confirm if you are experiencing issues in removing the signature under Fill & Sign or the digital signature?

Please share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, 

I am having trouble when I am in the fill and sign, and I have initials that are broken up and unclear, and I need to clear the typed signature as well.  I select the "minus" sign next to the signature/initial and it doesn't delete the signature or anything at all.  This worked last week, but not now.

Thank you, 

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please from Adobe please address this issue?  I can't delete my initials.  I need to do them again as the drawing is not clear.  And the "-" option does not work.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. I cannot clear signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could reset (delete) my signature logoff and login again. Then you just add the correct signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I do if the minus sign is grayed out? I cannot get the signature to delete. I don't understand why this feature is so complicated to edit or change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, i cant clear my signature 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also have this problem. started 3 weeks back. damn annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

I also had the same problem and was able to delete the signature by not just clicking on it, you have to click and hold that click - it finally went away. Hope it helps for all of you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding down the "-" until it disappeared worked for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured out what is going on.  This occurs when you created a digital signature and either deleted the profile from Acrobat or opened the PDF on a different computer.  It apparently only lets you delete signatures where you created the signature profile and it's present on the computer you are working on.  I opened the same document in another PDF form creation application by a different software manufacturer and was easily able to remove the signature.  I am not sure if you could recreate a signature profile with the same name and then do it in Acrobat DC Pro writer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minus signs to remove the signature and initials are not responding.  Please fix it or let me know if there is an alternate way to redo my signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
an hour ago an hour ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what do we need to do to get an Adobe employee to wade back into this thread?  lots of us having the same issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines