• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I CAN'T INSTALL ADOBE READER ON WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently made the mistake of uninstalling Adobe Reader X in Windows 7 I used the Add / Uninstall Programs tool. Then when trying to install the new version again, that is, Adobe Reader DC, I get the error "You have a more recent version installed" then all I have to do is accept it and it never gets installed. I have searched the internet and tried the tutorials on how to solve this problem, but nothing has worked for me. For this reason, I turn to ADOBE support.

acrobatreadererror-1200x675.png

I also found on the internet that you had to download the Adobe version from the FTP server. I downloaded the file (Reader DC 2021.005.20060 Spanish for Windows), proceeded to install it and I skip the error “There is a problem with this windows installer package” attached to the image. Also, I also ran Adobe cleaners to remove residual files, but this was still not effective.

adobe1.PNG

adobe error.png

Also, a folder called Setup should appear in the ProgramData folder, which is missing and I can't install Adobe. Only the Temp folder appears with those files.

232.png

I hope you can help me solve this problem. Because now I can't install Adobe Reader on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SPANISH

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola, recientemente he cometido el error de desinstalar Adobe Reader X en Windows 7 utilicé la herramienta Agregar o desinstalar programas. Luego al tratar de instalar nuevamente la nueva versión, es decir, Adobe Reader DC, me aparece el error “Tiene instalada una versión mas reciente” luego lo que me queda es darle aceptar y nunca se instala. He buscado en internet y he probado con los tutoriales de acerca de como resolver este problema, pero nada me ha funcionado. Por este motivo, recurro al soporte de ADOBE.

También encontré en internet que había que descargar la versión de Adobe del servidor FTP. Descargué el archivo (Reader DC 2021.005.20060 Spanish for Windows), procedí a instalarlo y me salto el error “There is a problem with this windows installer package” adjuntado en la imagen. Además, también ejecuté limpiadores de Adobe para eliminar archivos residuales, pero aun así esto no fue efectivo.

Además, en la carpeta ProgramData debería aparecer una carpeta llamada Setup, la cual no está y no puedo instalar el Adobe. Solo aparece la carpeta Temp con esos archivos.

Espero puedan ayudarme a solucionar este problema. Debido a que ahora no puedo instalar Adobe Reader en mi PC Con Windows 7 Ultimate.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

THAKS FINALLY I HAVE TO INSTALL WINDOWS SERVICE PACK 1 AND THE AND THE WINDOWS UPDATE ARCHIVE FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows-c0514201-7fe6-95a3-b0a5-287930f3560c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jsnowbliz,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are trying to install the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 7 Ultimate, would like to inform you it is never tested on this OS version.

Try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-1722--there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer-packa....

If the above steps does not work, try to install the base version of Reader DC from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Also, before installing the application, ensure that you remove all the Adobe folders from the machine.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THAKS FINALLY I HAVE TO INSTALL WINDOWS SERVICE PACK 1 AND THE AND THE WINDOWS UPDATE ARCHIVE FROM THE FOLLOWING LINK https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows-c0514201-7fe6-95...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines