• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't paste the password for the protected PDF document

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get sent a lot of PDF protected sheets on a daily basis. In the same mail that the PDF is attached to I also get sent the password to open the sheet. I used to be able to copy the password from the email body, open the PDF document and paste the password when prompted for the password, but recently when I paste nothing pastes into the password box. I also tried right-clicking selecting copy and then right-clicking the password prompt box and selecting paste to no avail.

Please assist as this is very a very annoying problem.

Regards

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue.  Try this...  From the Adobe Menu select Edit --> Preferances..  When the Preferances window pops up select Security (Enhanced) on the left and remove the check from Enable Protected Mode at startup and Enable Enhanced Security.  

Obviously this may disable some security protections but we can now paste passwords directly from emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that and thanks for sharing that.

The issue with security still remains though. Adobe might have to come up with something to provide both security and the ability of copying and pasting to an email app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.

You can however leave Enable Enhanced Security checked and you are still able to paste in passwords.

Having played around with this, it appears that after unchecking Enable Protected Mode on Startup, restarting Adobe, then ticking this again, I am now able to paste in passwords. Therefore the settings are as before. Selecting/deselecting Protected View and Privileged locations has no effect either.

Others may have a different outcome but it would be good to know if this works for all users/files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this.  Initial testing has shown that just unchecking "Enable Protected Mode on Startup" fixes the problem. If I then go back in and check it again, whilst the paste option is active and available, it will not actually paste in the content. So we will have to run with this unchecked if we are going to allow the pasting of formatted text passwords. We will do some more extensive testing over the next few days but this certainly looks to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I started having this issue in late November 2021.  I have always been able to copy and paste my passwords into new documents or those already protected.  It has been very frustrating.  However, I decided to check the Adobe Support Community and saw the solution from "numonex" from 01.02.2020.  I followed the instructions and it worked.  Yeah!  Thank you so much.

I still don't know why this happened.  I have an HP Laptop that is only a few months old, and have Windows 10.  I have a subscription with Adobe to "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC" Version 2021.007.20099.  I don't know when the latest automatic update happened.  I wonder if that is when this annoying change happened.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of disabling Protected Mode altogether, disabling "Run in AppContainer" will also work (just tested it). 

Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced) | Sandbox protections > Uncheck "Run in AppContainer".

This was discovered by someone here:

I can't paste in the password input field – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC (uservoice.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aakash123.  I tried your suggestion and it worked for me as well.  Sounds like you recommend this method over the one that I had tried.  As such, I will keep yours!  Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines