• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't resize the JavaScript Editor Window

Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was messing with the JavaScript Editor window and unintentionally pressed Windows + Left Arrow, making the window fill the left half of my screen.

When I try to resize to a smaller size, it just doesn't work. Is there any way to get this window back to normal? It's too big!

(Restarting the program does not solve anything at all.)

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try grabbing the lower right-hand corner of the window with the mouse and then drag to resize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but look what happens 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and grabbing the bottom right corner does not work. The window just pops back to a large size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck with this? It's nearly 10 months later and I'm having the same issue. Neither resizing from the edge or from the little button in the bottom right corner allows me to actually resize the window to a usable size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Answer is "Don't use the built-in JavaScript Editor".  It's crap, and it's meant to be that way. Instead, use an external editor.  On Windows, notepad is a simple and fast choice, however, Notpad++ is free and an awesome editor.  On the Mac use BBEdit.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would normally use Notepad++ but in this circumstance I'm working on a military laptop and unfortunately do not have the option to install external programs. I wish this was only an issue with the editor but also seems to happen to the debugger also. Seems to have been caused by windows "snap" resizing when I was moving the editor and debugger. As a software developer in my civilian job it's quite frustrating running into bugs in programs you have no conrol over. I can't even find a place to report the bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer 😞   The debugger sucks worse than the editor.  I never use it. I debug Acrobat JavaScript entirely with the console window.  

However, you do have the regular Notepad on your system?  Use it. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture_028.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this rage stroke inducing crap aswell.

Insane that this hasn't been adressed in two years. Be better Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolute hot garbage, the console has the ssame issue ; bugfixing is a joy like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 09/30/22 this issue still exists, for simple js code like flattening the file you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and to the right on my machine. @adobe please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Still... if you want to use Javascript in PDF Documents... just don't do it. you will be srewed bei Adobe in every way possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Insane that this hasn't been adressed in two years. Be better Adobe"

It's not "2 years", this issue exists since 1998, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines