Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot edit my PFD document

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i go to edit my PDF document, it says

"more tool components are being insatlled, we will let you know when you can use it"

Is anyone else experienecing this? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you have mentioned above, you get the message when you try to edit the PDF. Did you check if the issue occurs with other PDFs or with a particular PDF?

Did the error appear when you click on the Edit PDF tool?

Is that PDF saved locally on the machine or some other location?

Please provide more information to further investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the file can be edited using my laptop but not my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when i open adobe acrobat i have no option to edit any PDF's but the account I have is paying for the pro license. when i ask in Menu-Help-install premium features. I get the following response "more tool components are being installed we'll let you know when you can use the tool." however it has been two weeks and I haven't been able to get it to work. what is going on 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when i open adobe acrobat i have no option to edit any PDF's but the account I have is paying for the pro license. when i ask in Menu-Help-install premium features. I get the following response "more tool components are being installed we'll let you know when you can use the tool." however it has been two weeks and I haven't been able to get it to work. what is going on 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - It is stored locally on my laptop, I cannot convert any documents from pdf to excel or word even though I am signed in, pay for it monthly.  It is not on the cloud. I have closed and reopened it, waited extended periods and get the same message.  I pay over $400 a year for this application and can't do anything but read pdfs!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, I get this message: "more tool components are being insatlled, we will let you know when you can use it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program (Acrobat Pro DC?), and operating system are you using?  That dialog does not sound/seem familiar as an Acrobat message.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem; I did not have the paid version on this laptop
installed and had to access the account online to allow for 2 devices, both
under my spouses name, not mine. My account was not the paid version, and
just adding my email and registration information did not fix

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a message that Adobe Acrobat gives me no matter what PDF I use.  I am on Windows10 Pro.  I am using Adobe AcrobatDC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have not been able to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this since Saturday - nothing helps. I have the paid version and it was installed - don't I have to just login with my username and password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Would you mind checking your Acrobat login credential? Open Acrobat>click on the profile icon Sign out and Sign In with the correct email address.

1. If you have the Creative Cloud desktop application installed then you must Sign out of that once and Sign back in with the correct email (have subscription registered under)
  2. Also, ensure that you do not have the Creative Cloud application/Acrobat installed and active on many devices. That could also lead to conflict.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a corporate account and tried this and didn't work.  I signed out, signed in, restarted and nothing, I kept receiving the same message.  The document I was trying to edit was a word document I created and saved as PDF. Since nothing worked, I decided to experiment and instead of saving it directly as PDF I tried with Microsoft print to PDF and then I could edit.

Hope this is solved as soon as possible.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

Here is the resolution, that I've found.

The issue is on the Adobe website converter. If the file was converted from word (for example) to PDF using the Abobe website or App - you will get this error message.

To fix the issue, take that problematic PDF, convert it to Word using any free service except Adobe and convert it back to PDF, also using any free site, except Adobe's one. Once done, you will be able to edit the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!  Glad you found a work-around.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the workaround but this is unacceptable not being able to use paid software as intended. Is adobe doing something about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Used to be easy to use Now all I get  is the program reformating the pdf and  and not being able to fill  in places where i need to Or it suddenly looks like backgrounf code Not worth the money. it turns some portions in Pictures that needed to be edited

Im Just too old to deal with something that hhas become to complex to do basic functions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Used to be easy to use

By @Dale27742929jvl2

Adobe is a company! Acrobat is still easy to use if you're doing easy tasks. Your text is difficult to read. You know, well, that a PDF file has been thought to be like a paper copy: there is nothing to modify. And don't confound PDF files with Acrobat. Acrobat is a program, PDF is an international standard, describing how data is structured.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... this is happening on some but not all Adobe PDF files.  Any suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may check here and answer all questions. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/i-cannot-edit-my-pfd-document/m-p/12077605#M31466.... Can you share a file with the issue (be sure that no personal information is part of that file.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines