• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot edit the content in the PDF form i created before

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have a couple of files using PDF form to create cells so that I can edit the content easily. But I don't know why now I cannot edit them, I can place the cursor to the cell but it just cannot add or erase anything. no warning, no reminder,..... anyone can help please? 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to edit form fields, or the static contents of the file? What tool are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the form?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What operating system are you using? If you accidentally open a PDF form with Preview it will corrupt the document even if you do not conciously do anything, no warning given. I would suggest having a .zip of the PDF so that if you accidentally open the file you can restore it.
I also have experience where accessing on a server can change files, compying that file to a local drive has solved the issue. (Note that with newer operating systems Windows and Mac will default to synchronising the dexktop to OneDrive or iCloud,.. which also can also cause problems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines