• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I found the highlight function in the latest version of Acrobat Pro is getting worse

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I receive the update of my Acrobat DC Pro which has been upgraded to the version 22.003.20310. But I found something has become completely different. When I select the editable paragraph, it shows light blue underline instead of the previous grey shallow. As well as the highlight function, when I try to highlight some words / paragraph, now it only shows light yellow underline instead of the highlight similar to Mark Pen. I'm wondering why Adobe company would make such a change since NOW my highlight paragraph is no longer obviously visible and it's very difficult to identify there's a highlight underline below the words I chose. Is there any solution to help me tackle these disappointing function update? Thanks a lot for any reply!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eason_C1210 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

As you already have the most recent version, 22.3.20301 installed, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us now how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

Thanks for your timely reply.

Following your further instruction, I have scanned my document along with testing this hightlight function in other multiple PDF documents, and surprsingly discovered that this different display was only occurred in this specific document while highlight function worked properly (the same as previous type) in other document.

But I'm still wondering why highlight function display in that document was different and what should I do if I'd like to show that "underline" type highlight in the documnet. 

Please give me further instruction and I'm looking forward to your guidance.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eason_C1210 Could you please share that particulat file with us along with a small recoding of the workflow that you're trying.

Also, was this working fine on the same file before updating the Acrobat?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Prashant,

I have followed your instruction to upload the abnormal file and a short video recording how highlight function work normally and abnormallly on my laptop in two different PDF document.

Please share with me about the reason how this was caused and what shoud I do if I meet this situation again sooner.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eason_C1210 

Could you please provide a small video recording of the issue in order for us to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines