• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just want to prevent others from making changes

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Pro version, Mac also. In trying to protect my document, I am forced to create a password, yet I am not finding a way to simply make it a view only when the document is shared. I have gone in circles, looked at so many online 'help' pages.. yet, I cannot get this simple task done.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you so very much!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Elizabeth346105209fu4

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

You can limit access to a PDF by setting passwords and by restricting certain features, such as printing and editing. However, you cannot prevent saving copies of a PDF. The copies have the same restrictions as the original PDF. Two types of passwords are available:

Document open password

A Document Open password (also known as a user password) requires a user to type a password to open the PDF.

Permissions password

A permissions password (also known as a master password) requires a password to change permission settings. Using a permissions password, you can restrict printing, editing, and copying content in the PDF. Recipients don’t need a password to open the document in Reader or Acrobat. They do need a password to change the restrictions you've set.

For more information please go through the help page https://adobe.ly/3NXts8B

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to do that is to digitally sign your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines