• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to create an option to attach files based off selected items.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im a Sales Person for the company that i work for and the current way of generating proposals takes at least an hour, my boss and I are trying to create a PDF to expidite this proccess. There are a list of 4 appendices that would possibly need to be added to the PDF based off of Customer Selection. I've added a list box that allows multiple selections that contains the four Appendices, is there any way to use the list box in a way that will make the pdf attatch these files based off of the selection in the list box? IE If appendices 1,3, and 4 are selected, id like the pdf to attatch only 1 3 and 4. Is this Possible ? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

The workflow you are trying to achieve might be possible using JavaScript. For more information please check the help pages listed below:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console/

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/applying-actions-scripts-pdfs.html

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but it would require developing a custom-made script and installing it on the local computer for it to be able to attach the files. Also, the file paths will have to be hard-coded into it, of course.

This is not a trivial task, though. If you're interested in hiring a professional to do it for you feel free to contact me privately (click my username and then on "Send a message") to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines