I need to download a Dictionary for Adobe Pro

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others, I am getting the error message "No Dictionaries were found.  Your Installation might be corrupted" even after multiple fresh installations.

I have gone through the recommended procedures listed in other forum postings, even the ones going back five years ago.  This has included running the included repair option, uninstalling using Adobe Cleaner, uninstalling using Revo (with full scan), using the Preferences-Security-disabling Protected View/Enhanced Security-Re-enabling the same, and a couple other solutions that were mentioned elsewhere.

When I ran Revo, this removed all Registry entries for Adobe Acrobat, so there shouldn't be any lingering traces.

A clean install, for whatever reason, does not populate the English dictionary and the error message immediately appears if I open the "Spelling" properties menu.

I believe simply being given the chance to install a dictionary by itself would fix this problem.  There are dictionaries available for download for Adobe Reader, but none for Adobe Acrobat.  I have even attempted to download the Adobe Reader dictionary, but this will not execute/install because it states it will only work for Reader.  This is utterly confusing as Acrobat is a paid service, so why is it not supported as extensively as the free version of the same program?

Here is the information from the Adobe system configuration:

Account Detail:
User Rights: Admin
User Account Control: Limited
Process Integrity: Low
Profile Type: None
Acrobat Detail:
Sandboxing: On
Protected View: Off
Captive Reader: No
Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off

--

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0.19044

--

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 22.1.20142.0
Creation Date: 2022/06/04
Creation Time: 11:41:48 PM

Locale: English (United States)

--

Hoping to learn something new to fix this scenario, preferably by way of being able to actually install the Dictionary the system is trying to find.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines