• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IDENTIFY & DELETE UNWANTED DUPLICATE FILES IN DOCUMENT CLOIUD

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CANT BELIEVE that this has not been asked , but i have searched extensively , acorss all boards and all programs, and can find nothing even close, save a somewhat similar issue a user of Lightroom was having several years ago...

From doing various back ups, moves from one location to another, uploading multiple files from different cloud based locations (box, one drive, goog drive etc.) I have ended up with numerous duplicate pdf files, identical in name and content (likely differing in "creation date" or some generic exif detail.)  This is obviously unwajted and taking up multiple GB of space in my Doc CLoud account.  Two questions:

1. is more of a hyopothetical i guess but, for the love of Pete, why wouldnt Adobe RECOGNIZE A PREEXISTING FILE is already present in the location you are uploading/moving/saving a pdf to????? Ya know, that funcitonal warning allowing you to replace, keep both, or stop? Yes, that fundamental function that EVERY other file type and software has had for decades?   Any thoughts on this?  It seems so fundamental that it leads me to believe I am missing something.... 

2. Once the deed is done, and I have inadvertantly created duplicate pdf files in my document cloud , across various folders (can happen, same issue in the creative cloud as well btw.) Does anyone know of a method by which i can identify the occurrences?  Via a sort or group by funciton perhaps?  Thank you in advance for you assistance!

extremely frustrated,

P2P

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi P2P

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you have saved the same file multiple times in document cloud from different locations and functional warning.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and tried to save the same file to Document Cloud twice and got a pop up message as shown below:

Untitled.png

If you have renamed the file with a different name it will be taken as a new file and will get saved to the document cloud.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines