If/Else/Then Statements Javascript for PDF

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I am creating a document for a venue hire template, I know nothing about Javascript but need help with the formatting of said script, I've tried looking on the other forum answers but dont know exactly how to format this particular thing and I have been sitting here trying to figure it out for hours!

So, for example, I have 4 columns, each with drop down menus on each cell,

Column 1,Row 1 - Building

Column 2,Row 1, - Room Name

Column 3, Row 1, - Room Type

Column 4, Row 1, -  Capacity

Basically, I need my workers to select the Building (ie. Building A) separately, then when they select the room name from the drop down list (ie. 7.106), the following Column 3 Row 1 will populate with the Room Type assigned to that particular room (ie. Theatre) and will also auto-populate Column 4, Row 1 with the capacity (ie. 30) of that particular room. I'll need this rule to also apply to the following rows if there is more than one space being used (I'm guessing something to do with default properties??). There are about 300 rooms that I'll need to enter into the list for them to choose from (dont mind how long that takes, just need a guide on how to execute the above for multiple options)

Please help! Anything I can copy and paste would be greatly appreciated, otherwise explain it like I'm 5. Thank you in advance!!!!

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. If column 3 and 4 are autofilled, why not use the text fields instead for those two columns?

2. Can you share your file?

3. How many rows do you have, and how did you name fields?

Here you can find how to populate fields from dropdown:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/change_another_field/ 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines