• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If font is modified in character window and then embeded in pdf is the modification carried forward?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If font is modified i.e. height proportion changed in the character window and then embeded in a pdf, is the modification carried forward? Or would convert to shapes be necessary for preserving font modification when printing .psd as a pdf?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marvette25514713ob3w wrote on August 3:

If font is modified i.e. height proportion changed in the character window and then embeded in a pdf, is the modification carried forward? Or would convert to shapes be necessary for preserving font modification when printing .psd as a pdf?

By modifying height proportions, do you mean distorting the text by changing the vertical or horizontal scale in the Character panel (Window menu)? What does "carried forward" mean?

Any text formatting you make in the Character and Paragraph panels will be preserved in the pdf, if that is what you are asking. Don't rasterize the text.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That is exactly what I was asking.
Yes, I'm making the scale alterations on the font in the Photoshop
character window.
And I want them preserved in the pdf.
So thanks for your confirmation that they will be preserved.
And I'm embedding the font in the pdf and not rasterizing it.
marvette
-- "Everything happens lots longer than you think it should -- except
life." E.J. Gold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines