Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IF type calculation JavaScript

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly, an apology. This is a similar post to previous ones. The reason I am creating a new post is that I have absolutely no idea what Javascript is, let alone how to write/read it! I know I need it for my order form to perform a custom calculation. (Price per unit varies depending on quantity) Could someone take a look at my form and offer me some code to copy and paste. I'm sorry to ask for it as blatant as that but I just have no idea where to start and I don't rate my chances of succeeding if I have something to work out or adapt froma  previous post!

I have created an order form which I hope to attch to this post.

One last thing, is there a way of having someone input a phone number and the cursor moves to the next field automatically? I like my phone  numbers like 69851 639 548 instead of 69851639548 (excuse the number's - a series of x's is apparently unnaceptable on this forum) and it would work much better if this was seamless for the user.

Thanks in advance and please know, that any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ash.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With no understanding of JavaScript and how it interacts with form fields in Acrobat, your chances of succeeding even with copy/paste code is also very low. You probably won't understand the answer and there'll be a lot of churn as we all try to straighten you out.

You're going to want to hire someone to do this for you. Many of the people who offer advice here also make a living performing services for people who can't do it themselves. Alternatively, you might want to actually spend some time learning JavaScript since I doubt this is the only form you have. See the URL below.

http://khkonsulting.com/2017/01/learning-to-program-javascript-for-adobe-acrobat/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I attached the form. it is the only form I have where a Javascript calculation is needed. I sharpen clipper blades for a living and do a very small spot of design work on the side. Please don't take it as disrespectful when I say that the chances of me needing this kind of knowledge again are slim! w much would you expect this sort of thing to cost me and where might I find myself someone willing to do it? Thanks for your reply 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you think an invoice is a simple form, that is far the actual fact. Each field in the form has to be uniquely nsmed and for the table of the purchased/ordered items one need an easy way to identify the fields in any given row. You may also need to comply with certain governmnet rquirements as to the rounding of values for tax calculations that could inclued VAT or Sales Tax. You need to do more research in how to create and name forms and you will need to learh Acrobat JavaScript if you want a fully automated form.

If you hire someone try to have them teach you some of the basics as to how the form works.

There are a number of free learning resources on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this isn't an invoice. It is an order form. The reason all of my fields are not uniquely named by is that I want what user puts in 1 field to be copied into 2 other duplicate sections of the form to save user typing things 3 times. I understand how the form works as I created it but getting the custom calculation seems beyond me. I have previously tried table look ups and custom calculation but it waas fruitless as I didn't have even a basic understanding of Javascript. How much would you expect it to cost for me to hire someone to do this? Thanks for you reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prices will vary dramatically. You can have a novice do it for a cheaper per hour rate but it's going to take them a while to give you something functional or you can go with an expert who has lots of experience but the per hour rate will be higher. I charge $225/hour and have a 10 hour minimum and require permission to recreate the form entirely... mostly because I don't want to do forms. There are other experts on this forum who might take it on though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there are forum for posting jobs at all? I have no idea what I should be googling for someone that will do what seems like such a small job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines