Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image field in form : fill in the shape keeping proportions

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've created a form in Acrobat DC. The user can upload an image in a button field but: the options aviables don't allow to fill the field while cover it and also keeping proportions. Any idea haw to do this? Thank you all for your answers. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you share an example of  a screenshot of your form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you can see a screenshot.

User have a rectangulaire image. The shape is a square.

On the left the image fill the square but proportions are not kept.

On the right proportions are ok but the square is not filled.

I would like both conditions together to be ok.

Thank you.

Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Please review the discussion in the following thread and check if it helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Printing-Multiple-pages-to-Tabloid/m-p/10674381#M222406

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick answer.

Unfortunatly it doesn't help.

My problem is not about printing th page with or with out margin.

It's about uploading an image (from a library or taking a picture) in a field form (actually there are more than ten fields on th document) and fill the shape of this field while keeping proportions of the uploaded image (even if it means parts of the uploaded picture won't be visible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried my best on my end.

It seems that this is not possible using the Image Field tool. The users may be able, however, to reduce the frame of the image place holder to match the dimensions of the uploaded image.

What you are asking would be a good feature request though; so  when a user uploads an image the image field automatically stretches, enlarges, or reduce in size in proportion to the uploaded image.

If your users will be using this form with Adobe Acrobat Pro instead of Reader DC then you are better off allowing them to right-click on that page and select from the context menu "Add Image" instead; this will allow them to enlarge or reduce the image proportionally and float it around the page to place it in a desired area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Yes, it would be a good feature to add.

By the way, do think it is possible to create a script for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally believe everything is possible in the programming world.

The people that  I would reach out from these forums to the top of my head would be Document Geek, Try67, Test Screen Name, JR Boulay, Thom Parker, Joel Gaerci.

Those are some of the individuals that I've personally followed for consistent guidance in many areas of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to find a scripting fix for this issue? I am having the exact same problem in creating a form myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Best_Impressions_Inc,

Unfortunately I was anable to find a script.

I used a workaround solution :

• my user have an Ipad Pro 12,9" (2732x2048px)
  • he uses my form in landscape format
  • I sized the frames in proportion to the screen of his Ipad, and choosed scale : "unproportional"
  • so that when he takes a picture whith his Ipad the frame is filled by the picture non keeping proportions but as proportions of the frame are the same of the Ipad, it works...

What is really not good with this solution is that it is ok just for "iPad Pro 12,9 when you capture a picture in landscape format." If you change only one parameter... Bam ! XD

I hope to find something better soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried to recreate this scenario on my end and it seems more like this should be a feature request.

There is no script to my knowledge that would allow to manipulate the dimensions of the image field in proportion to the the randomly selected images that a user of the form will upload and  have it  to scale up  or scale down automatically.

This would be more of a feature request.

Here is the link to submit a feature request to Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thank you, that is too specific for what my client needs but a great idea nonetheless! - I'll join the feature request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is another case where the problem nay get fixed by checking the option of "Document Properties".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 3 years later and I was hoping this would be a feature. It seems to still be an issue. So far the best workaround I have found is to either teach my client(s) how to crop an image to the proportions of the shape being filled or crop the image for them... but at that point, it is almost easier to have them send me the images, I drop them in using the native file (usually InDesign) and I fit the constraints there. InDesign has a pre-built feature for fitting images to frames. I wish this feature was universal amongst all Adobe products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We have exactly the same problem and, as far as I can tell, there is still no solution to this problem. The only thing left available to do, is to vote for it.

Simply create an account (if you don't already have one) at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ and then vote for the following issue: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/43947705-scaleab...

With any luck, it'll get enough traction and they'll finally do something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines