Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image masks can't be downsampled when compressing PDF

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a pdf document of about 30 pages of jpeg images. I have reduced it down to 17mb. It is too big to attach to an email, and I need to send it out asap.

When I try to save as reduced file pdf, this error message comes up:

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.38.48.png

Unfortunately I am at work and have to solve this riddle in a short amount of time. I want this file to reduce to at least 6mb so I can attach it to email.

I have optimised the PDF file, and looked at the options on that panel, but I don't know what Im doing haha.

Please tell me how to get around this image mask problem and compress my pdf?

Thanks

*Please don't send me links for some heavy reading, I just want someone to explain it plain and simple thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

You are on the right track, don't worry about the image mask message. Go to File> Save as other> Optimized PDF> Go to Discard Objects, Discard User Data and Clean Up, open each section and check everything on. If your PDF is still too big, you can increase downsampling until you get the desired final size.

Instead of sending one low res file, you can consider sending several higher res files, or uploading to a site like DropBox or WeTransfer, or from InDesign, Publish on-line.

optimizer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on the right track, don't worry about the image mask message. Go to File> Save as other> Optimized PDF> Go to Discard Objects, Discard User Data and Clean Up, open each section and check everything on. If your PDF is still too big, you can increase downsampling until you get the desired final size.

Instead of sending one low res file, you can consider sending several higher res files, or uploading to a site like DropBox or WeTransfer, or from InDesign, Publish on-line.

optimizer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Had this issue and did the steps you posted and worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines