• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images downsized during Word to pdf conversion

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a photo book using Word and it has to be in a pdf form to upload it to the printer. When I export to a pdf, Acrobat downsizes some of the 300dpi photos or increase in some cases. The photos need to be at least 300dpi for printing. How do I get Acrobat to stop downsizing my photos? Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaulto01pt8rphd4j,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know how you created the PDF from the Word file. Share the step by steps workflow.

Did you experience this behavior with this particular PDF?

Share the following with us:

- PDF and the Word file so we can check it on our end.

- Acrobat, Word, and OS version numbers

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Meenakshi for replying.

OS is Windows 10.

I use Corel Paintshop Pro X8 to resize images to 300ppi and then insert them into the Word 2016 document.

Word settings are embed fonts and do not compress images with a default reolution set at high fidelity.

To convert the Word document to a PDF, I use Acrobat Pro latest version 2023 and "Save as Adobe PDF". My PDFmaker preferences are set at Press Quality with the "optimize for fast web view" unchecked.

My document is 159 with 400 photos and 4 are being pixel downsized. Attached is just one of the pages and the photo is the one with the skunk. It starts out as 300ppi in Word.

I hope you can help. It's not critical as the book has been published and it looks great with premium color & paper, but not so with standard. I'd like to get it right.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly do you verify that the resolution has decreased or increased? (As the author, these things are always much clearer than to someone else looking for an issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After resizing in Corel, I double check the image properties with File Explorer before inserting into Word. Once the document has been converted to the PDF, I check the resolution by Print Production, Output Preview, with Preview with Object Inspector. When I click on a photo it gives me the resolution.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines