• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in a pdf printing poorly

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some pdfs that print fine except for the images. Prior to printing they look fine on the monitor. The print has no shadow detail and the color balance is off. What things should I be checking so that the printed pdf looks the same as what I'm seeing on the monitor?

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gunzelguy 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a specific PDF file or with all the PDF? Please try with a different PDF and check.

What is the version of the Acorbat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.2006x  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

What is the make and model of the printer you are using, please check for any pending updates for the printer driver and firmware and try updating them and see if that helps.

You may also try to print the PDF as image. Open the PDF > Go to Print > Advanced > Print a Image and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem. There is a now a check box in Acrobat that say "optimized for web" unchecking that box fixed the problem. I'm not sure how long that check box has been there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Optimized for web” is there for an eternity and has nothing to do with the print quality, but with the internal file organization.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking that box was the only change I made and it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines