• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import data from DB to form

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to give this one last try before I cancel DC and get something else.  I am trying to find a way to populate an acrobat form from a database query.  I have been around and around on this.  You would think this would be a simple, routine task.  All the buttons, all the options in DC for esoteric things - not the basics, apparently.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

This used to be possible, years ago, but it was completely removed for security reasons. The normal approach now is to generate the field information on a server with secure access to the database, and pass the fields back to the client in a browser - all outside the control of Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to be possible, years ago, but it was completely removed for security reasons. The normal approach now is to generate the field information on a server with secure access to the database, and pass the fields back to the client in a browser - all outside the control of Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that just makes no sense to me.  Why in the world am I paying $20 a month for basically nothing.  So it is not possible to import your own data into your own Acrobat?  Amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it if you export the data from the DB to a plain-text file, but you can't establish a "live" connection to the DB any longer, as was correctly mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be possible when you create a plugin for Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines