• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In an accessible pdf how to have a figure as a link?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have a document with a series of "buttons" (the client requested) that appear at the top of every page to take you to the TOC, introduction page and glossary. I have them in the <figure> tag within the <Link> tag but I get a "Possibly inappropriate use of a Figure structure element" warning. How do I fix this? 

I belive it has something to do with changing the placement settings of the figure to "Inline" but how do I do that?

Help please,

Thank you

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm that you have followed the steps in creating a link:

1. Links can be created from Tools > Edit PDF > Link > Add/Edit Web or Document Link

2. Draw a square/rectangle around the image for the link to be created.

3. Make any adjustments to the square/rectangle so that the area of the link is just enough for the image.

4. Create the link tag by going to the Content panel usually in the left side of the screen, find the page where the link has been created, open Annotations, and you will see the link there.   To tag the link, right click on Annotations, and select Find > Unmarked Links. Click the button "Find."   Once the item is found, click on Tag Element, and select "Link."  The link is created in the tags panel.

ClaudiaPak_0-1629979178616.png

ClaudiaPak_1-1629979248149.png

ClaudiaPak_2-1629979332892.pngClaudiaPak_3-1629979476773.png

To place the link in the tags panel, try to insert the link beneath the Figure tag.   And not the other way around.   I do not encounter any issues on my end when this happens. 

Thanks.

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also see Possibly inappropriate use of a structure element along with the video for the solution to the error you have identified.

Thanks,

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the time the "possible inappropriate..." errors are because the placement of the current object is set to inline but it is not nested as an inline item. You can either properly nest it in a parent item or set the property of the item to block. There are automated ways to do it but you can watch Kenny's video here to see how to set it manually. TaggedPDF Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines