• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Include link to Acrobat Reader download page in a product instruction file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I would like to create editable pdf files and sell them. In order to edit them, my customers would need to have Acrobat reader. I would like to include link to the Adobe download page for Acrobat reader in the instruction file for my customer. Is this allowed? Can I also add the acrobat reader icon on my product photo to show the customer what software would be required in order to use the product?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the link. I've read carefully, but still kind of confused - is it against the guidelines to include the link to the Acrobat Reader page in my customer instruction pdf file? In the guideline is exclusively mentioned only "on your website"...

I am also not able to clarify if adding any text as "Editable in Acrobat Reader" on the photo showing my products would violate the guideline.

P.S. Please excuse me for asking again, but reading legal information in foreign language is sometimes a big challenge :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A link to the Acrobat Reader page in the customer instruction pdf file makes no sense. How should the user read this without Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pdf file (in my case the instruction file) could be visualised in the browser, but in order to edit/fill the pdf form the customer would need the Acrobat Reader 🙂 According the marketplace's Terms of use, I am not allowed to insert an external link in the product description, so this is my only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a link in your PDF file. You can't use the logo in your PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That'd be enough 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re download link: There's no such direct link available any longer. You should link to the following site:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youveru much. I'll have this in mind :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"reading legal information in foreign language is sometimes a big challenge"

Copy-paste the URL of the page in Google Translate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screenshot of my PDF-Portfolios custom cover page:

Capture_333.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I use this page (with the client logo) as a layer when I need to prevent forms from opening in browsers or in Apple-Preview:

Capture_335.png

Copy and paste this URL into Google Translate to learn this killer trick:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/js-et-formulaires-ressources/forcer-utilisation-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines