• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect structure found in PDF file of a scanned document

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With recent updates to Adobe Acrobat Standard DC that were automatically installed on my work computer, I am now no longer able to delete pages from a PDF file that was created by our Lexmark X954de printer/scanner.

I have tried looking for tags to delete (as per another discussion I found on the forums) and to see if changes are allowed to be made to the document but there are no tags and it appears changes are allowed in the security settings of the document.

Another employee was also having the same issues, and our IT department has rolled back his version of Adobe Acrobat to an earlier version and this has solved the issue.

Can anyone provide assistance on this or does this need to be flagged as a known issue with this version of Adobe Acrobat.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th Dec,2018 this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a numerous amount of users reporting this issue, not only when deleting pages but simply moving pages around and trying to save.  In our case we did find tags and we are able to save the PDF fine after deleting the tags. 

Yesterday we were able to recreate the issue but this morning we haven't been able to do so, it's possible Acrobat might have slipped in an automatic update that fixed this issue.  We will need to wait and see if other users report this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I can delete a page from a scanned document if I first move any page to change the order of pages. But if I simply open the file and go to delete a page I still come up with the same error. This is quicker than my other work around - extract pages to a new file - however it would be good to just simply open a file and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are not able to reproduce the issue at our end on latest Acrobat version.

Please share the Acrobat version and OS details.

Moreover if possible please share a sample PDF file.

For details about sharing, have a look at this link Share files online with Adobe Acrobat

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Acrobat Standard DC - continuous release version 2019.008.20074. My operating system is Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1709, OS build 16299.666

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are looking into it.

I have forwarded this to engineering team to look into the cause of this issue.

Will update you soon.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're having this exact same issue. Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the latest release of Acrobat on 11th Dec,2018 this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines