• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increasing trim size from 9" x 8.5" to 11" x 8.5" on PDF book

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I need help increasing a PDF book interior. It has entirely black background and I would like to simply increase the trim in black to make it fit a POD's trim size requirement (lulu) by adding a black border/space/margin.

Essentially the pages of the original PDF would be centered and black would fill the extra space bordering them to fit to 11" x 8.5" trim.

Is there any way of doing this or is this viable at all?

I am using Acrobat Pro DC, thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Obviously it would be better to do these changes in the originating document/application.

Failing that:

It's easy to change the page size in Acrobat: Use the Organize Pages > Set Page Boxes > Change Page Size.

As far as adding the Black background, you can use the Edit PDF > Add background, but you may not have the control you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously it would be better to do these changes in the originating document/application.

Failing that:

It's easy to change the page size in Acrobat: Use the Organize Pages > Set Page Boxes > Change Page Size.

As far as adding the Black background, you can use the Edit PDF > Add background, but you may not have the control you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines