• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incredibly annoying 'Survey' Popup

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every day, if I open Acrobat, I get a 'popup' asking me if I want to answer a survey about the program. I didn't and don't! After this had been going on for weeks, I finally broke down and completed the survey, hoping that this would stop the repeated annoyance. It didn't! This is diriving me crazy! How do you stop it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pfletch

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the pop up message for survey everytime you start the application.

Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Under messages from Adobe, uncheck, 'Show me messages when i launch Adobe Acrobat' > Click OK and reboot the computer

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that I had already tried unticking this box, and I had certainly rebooted my system since then, but, this time,  I followed your instructions to the letter, and rebooted immediately after unticking it and OKing the change. While I did not see the pop up message when I re-opened Acrobat after the reboot. It had reappeared again this morning, and the 'Show me messages..." box was back to being ticked! I will try repeating the process after running Acrobat 'as Administrator', in case the setting is not saved when the program is run in 'user' mode, but one should not have to jump through these hoops to abolish unnecessary and obtrusive messages in a program for which one is paying good money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further testing, I discovered that unchecking the box does nothing to the underlying settings! If you uncheck the 'Show me messages..." box and OK the changes, whether in Administrator or normal user mode, and then re-open Acrobat, with or without an intervening immediate reboot, the box is again (?still) checked - hence, presumably, the recurrent survey prompt. This is totally unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that,

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the survey pop up that you are getting when launching the application for a better understanding?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot of the open program, with the popup towards the top right, is attached. The popup appears when a file is opened, rather than when the program is opened, and it only seems to appear once a day (though this is once too often!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.

If you are comfortable with registry edits, you should look at Preference Reference for Acrobat and Adobe Reader

Go to Hive --> FeatureLockdown --> Context menus, tips, tools

You'll find the registry setting for disabling the help tips

Note: Always backup our current registry settings before making any changes

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the hive reference may be out of date. In any event, the contents of the indicated Registry path does not correspond to the documentation to which you pointed me. See the attached screenshot of the 'FeatureLockdown' path on my system. It contains only subfolders, none of the contents of which correspond to the indicated key(s). Under the circumstances, I did not think it sensible to add a new key/value pair here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started experiencing the annoying pop-ups too.

I always answered the Survey, but now it NEVER allows me to hit the SUBMIT button and the CANCEL button does nothing. 

It locks me out of using Adobe page I'm on until the pop-up goes away.

The only way to make it go away is to close Adobe from the Task Manager.

Super annoying. See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Under, messages from Adobe > Uncheck 'Show me messages' > Click OK and reboot the computer and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have noted above, this setting appears to do NOTHING (for me, at least). It certainly does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i experiance the same and have to end task and force quit the application to get hte box off my screen.  Have you found any resolution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after writing my last message here, I ran into a different issue with Acrobat persistently refusing to open at all. Deleting and reinstalling it from Creative Cloud did not help, and I finally downloaded and reinstalled it as if it was a standalone application. This worked, and also seemed to solve the annoying popups issue. I have since moved to Windows 11 (installing it on a new, clean, system), and installed Creative Cloud (with Acrobat) on the new system. The annoying popup issue has not resurfaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely BS, no matter how many times you disable and reboot it always comes up as ticked. Adobe clearly wants to force us to take the survey, I think you should fix it and not expect you customers to do it for you. This is pathetic !!!! We did not sign up for this nor do we appreciate Adobe's approach to this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ASO1 

Hope you are doing well.

Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > MEssages from Adobe, Uncheck  'Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat ' > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines