• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incredibly slow when adding images

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to edit PDF's of Cad models.  When I make revisions I will use the edit PDF tool to add images.  It isn't the snappiest tool ever but it works for the most part.  I was working on a particularily large project and was having to add more images than usual.  Adobe began to REALLY slow down to the point of almost being unusable.  The scrolling takes forever and some of the images won't load unless you adjust the zoom.

After trying to add the 25th image to the PDF the application consistently hangs.  It is unable to handle any more.

Sasha259349077u5q_0-1662136858917.png

I have an i9-9900k CPU and a Quadro P400 GPU with 32gb of system ram so I don't believe that would be a bottleneck.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sasha J 

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

We appreciate that you have shared most of the details with us. This is the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version you have installed.

Try a couple of suggestions given below and see if that makes any improved performance. 

1-  Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

2- Open Task Manager>Service> Select and close all the Acrobat services running in the background process. 

If step 1 doesn't help, then, give it a try by removing the application using a cleaner tool: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

and make a fresh install: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines