• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Input start number for Bates Numbering - I keep getting "Invalid numeric value"

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to input the Start number in the Bates number options  -  if I type in any number at all I get the message "Invalid numeric value" so I have to scroll through to input the start number   BUT  I need to enter number in the hundred thousands and it's a time waster to do this.  

How can I just into my start number without scrolling?

Thank you 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

I figured it out.  Go to the box where the bates rule is being applied and manually change the start number there instead of the pop-up window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharong

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Invalid numeric value' while using bates numbering.

- Would you mind sharing the steps or a small video of the issue for a better understanding?

- Are you on Mac or Windows OS and what is the version

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out.  Go to the box where the bates rule is being applied and manually change the start number there instead of the pop-up window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines