Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Inserting a protected PDF into a separate PDF

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one PDF that i am working on; a co-worker has his own PDF project document that he has to have his signature on and also has to protect it. I need to be able to take his PDF and insert it into mine and make a package for a client but cannot do it with password protection on his. Is there a level of security that will not allow his portion to be edited but will allow me to insert it into my PDF?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to, Security digital signatures and esignatures, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021
Hi Sknotts Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to add/insert a signed PDF and protected document to your PDF file. - Would you mind sharing how the other PDF is signed. Is it digitally signed? - Do you have the password to open his PDF document? As mentioned, you want the level of security that will not allow his portion to be edited but will allow you to insert it into your PDF. If yo have the password to open his PDF document, you can go for creating ...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sknotts

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to add/insert a signed PDF and protected document to your PDF file.

- Would you mind sharing how the other PDF is signed. Is it digitally signed?

- Do you have the password to open his PDF document?

As mentioned, you want the level of security that will not allow his portion to be edited but will allow you to insert it into your PDF. If yo have the password to open his PDF document, you can go for creating the PDF Portfolio. In this way you can add his document retaining the password protection and add your document and create a portfolio of the documents.

For more information about creating portfolio please check out the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-customize-pdf-portfolios.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Inserting a signed doument into another is forbidden, as well as inserting a secure document.

This is very important for signed documents; the signature will be destroyed by any editing - imagine if you could add a page into a contract with extra terms and penalties and the contract was still legally signed... !

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines